Diversify your economy
Through the QEDP, we support projects that consist in:
- promoting the regions to increase increase international organizations attraction or spending by tourists from outside Quebec;
- strengthening regional economic activity and generating investments and economic benefits through the acquisition of community economic facilities.
Here are examples of eligible clients, types of activities that can be supported and the financial assistance that can be provided.
Examples of eligible clients
- Non-profit organizations (NPOs)
- Economic development organizations
- Municipalities and regional county municipalities (RCMs)
- Organizations dedicated to attracting international organizations and foreign investment
- Local businesses
- Local business associations
Examples of non-eligible clients
- Retail businesses, e.g. clothing stores, grocery stores and automobile maintenance and sales
- Food services, e.g. restaurants, cafés
- Transportation services
- Housing construction
- Daycare services
- Hair and beauty salons
- Nightclubs, bars, cabarets
If you are among the non-eligible clients, we invite you to consult our network of partners that may be able to help you.
Project eligibility criteria
For a community economic facility project, the project must:
- benefit a number of users (mainly enterprises);
- be a priority for the region;
- be part of a regional development process;
- be carried out in a regional county municipality recognized by the Agency as having slow economic growth.
Main analysis criteria
Projects are reviewed based on specific criteria, including:
- anticipated results of your project;
- viability of your business or organization;
- your technical and financial management capacity;
- partner contributions in financial resources or professional services;
- level of risk.
Activities that can be supported
Examples of activities
- Recruitment of specialized resources
- Strategy development
- Implementation of initiatives
Types of assistance
- Repayable contribution
- Non-repayable contribution for non-profit projects
Rate of assistance
- Generally up to 50 percent of authorized costs for SMEs
- Generally up to 90 percent of authorized costs for NPOs
All costs directly related to the project, deemed reasonable by CED and essential to its completion. Restrictions may apply in certain cases.
- refinancing of an existing debt;
- purchasing an asset above its fair market value
- depreciation costs;
- costs associated with wear and tear.
Submitting a project
Consult the Project Submission Guide to find out how to submit a project and apply for financial assistance.
To find out whether this type of project is targeted in your region, contact an advisor from your regional business office. The advisor will be able to inform and advise you or guide you in delivering your project, while considering the action priorities in your region and the availability of CED funding.
- Date modified: