Community Futures Program
The Community Futures Program (CFP) supports local economic development and strengthens the ability of communities to realize their full potential in a sustainable way. Its main objectives are to promote:
- stability, economic growth and job creation;
- diversified, competitive local economies in rural areas;
- sustainable communities.
Through the CFP, we provide financial support to the following community development organizations:
- the 57 Community Futures Development Corporations, located in designated rural regions;
- the Réseau des SADC et CAE;
- the Quebec CFDC Common Fund;
- the 10 Community Business Development Corporations, located in the suburban areas.
In addition, thanks to our network of partners, we ensure that most communities in Quebec have local access to information on Government of Canada economic development programs and services.
Tools and resources
- Date modified: