ARCHIVED - Temporary Initiative for the Strengthening of Quebec’s Forest Economies
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
The Temporary Initiative for the Strengthening of Quebec's Forest Economies ( TISQFE) is a diversification and support measure intended for communities affected by the forestry crisis. In effect from June 17, 2010, to March 31, 2013, this initiative aims to address the issues and challenges facing regions that are heavily reliant on the forest sector.
Download the program leaflet (PDFTemporary Initiative for the Strengthening of Quebec's Forest Economies, 1.02 Mb)
Who is the TISQFE open to?
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Non-profit organizations (NPOs)
How can I submit my project proposal?
What kinds of projects are eligible?
Qualifying projects are those that are to be carried out as determined by level of reliance on the forest sector and degree of devitalization. Funded projects might include, for example:
- Targeted communities recovery plans;
- Development of new tourist attractions;
- Secondary and tertiary wood processing projects;
- Productivity enhancement through acquisition of equipment or adoption of new technologies;
- Improvement of innovation capabilities;
- Increase in new market development capabilities.
What projects are excluded?
- Any project that violates Canada's obligations under the Softwood Lumber Agreement with the United States.
The aims of the Initiative are to:
- strengthen and increase economic activity in areas affected by the forestry crisis in order to create and preserve jobs;
- give special emphasis to SMEs based in affected communities in order to improve their performance.
What funding is offered?
As a general rule, the financial assistance will be provided in the form of a repayable contribution for SMEs and of a non-repayable contribution for NPOs.
- Date modified: