Equip my region with a community economic facility
Economic activity in your region needs to be strengthened and a facility may contribute to generating investment and economic benefits?
To find out if this activity is emphasized in your region, contact an advisor from your region's business office. He or she will be able to inform you, advise you or guide you in carrying out your project on the basis of the region's action priorities and availability of Agency funding.
For an immediate overview of the main eligibility criteria, the type of activities that can be supported or the available funding, please consult the following information.
- Non-profit organizations
- Economic development organizations
- Municipalities and regional county municipalities (RCMs)
Project eligibility criteria
The community economic facility must:
- benefit a number of users (mainly businesses);
- be a priority for the region;
- be part of the regional development process;
- carried out in one of the regional county municipalities with slow economic growth identified by the Agency.
Main analysis criteria
Projects are reviewed based on specific criteria, i.e.:
- anticipated results of your project;
- viability of your business or organization;
- your technical and financial management capacity;
- partner contributions in financial resources or professional services;
- level of risk.
Examples of activities
- Purchase of equipment, computer tools and technology
- Fit-up, upgrading, expansion or construction of facilities
- Development of business leads and searching for funding
- Recruitment of specialized resources
- Strategy development
Types of assistance
- Repayable contribution
- Non-repayable contribution
Rate of assistance
- Generally up to 50 percent of authorized costs for SMEs
- Generally up to 90 percent of authorized costs for NPOs
All costs directly related to the project, deemed reasonable and essential to its completion. Restrictions may apply in certain cases.
- The following costs in particular are non-eligible:
- refinancing of an existing debt;
- depreciation costs;
- goodwill costs.
Submitting a project
Do you wish to submit a project? For information on project submission and funding application procedures, consult the project submission guide and contact an advisor from the business office in your region.
- Date modified: