Local Investment Initiative
The Local Investment Initiative (LII) aims to support the renovation and improvement, including expansion, of existing community halls.
Please note that this call for proposals has closed and new applications for funding are therefore no longer being accepted. We invite you to have a look at our other programs currently on offer and thank you for your interest in the Economic Development Agency of Canada for Quebec Regions.
To learn more about the main eligibility criteria, the types of activities, or the financial assistance available, please consult the following information or download the initiative leaflet (PDFLocal Investment Initiative, 167 KB).
Types of projects
- Renovation, improvement or expansion of an existing non-commercial community hall* accessible to the public
*A community hall is a public place where members of a community can assemble. Cultural and religious community buildings (e.g. churches, performance venues) and social community buildings (social services, early childhood centres, collective kitchens) are excluded from this initiative, unless the project involves a community hall located in these types of building.
- Renovation, improvement or expansion of facilities that are primarily for commercial or for-profit activities
Types of assistance
- Maximum non-repayable contribution of $100,000 per project
Rate of assistance
- Up to 50% of eligible costs
- The project must be completed by September 30, 2015
- All costs directly related to the project, deemed reasonable and essential to its completion
- Purchase of new doors and windows
- Floor refinishing
- Replacement of an air-conditioning system
- Renovation, improvement or expansion of an existing community hall to be used for commercial purposes
- All mobile assets such as furniture, appliances, play structures, etc.
For more information
Contact an advisor from the Business Development and Infrastructure office at 1-844-465-0621. He or she will be happy to guide you through the process.
- Date modified: