Greater Montréal Business Office
The Agency encourages the development of the Greater Montréal business communities by directly assisting this region’s businesses with their projects.We also help the organizations that support those businesses.
The Greater Montréal Business Office serves a vast territory that is both economically and demographically diverse. It includes SMEs operating in more traditional sectors, service and cultural enterprises and new technology industries.
Please note that the Greater Montréal business office serves the following RCMs of these regions:
- Laval: Laval RCM
- Lanaudière: L’Assomption and Les Moulins
- Laurentides: Deux-Montagnes, Thérèse-De Blainville, Mirabel and La Rivière-du-Nord
- Montérégie: Rouville, Le Haut-Richelieu, La Vallée-du-Richelieu, Longueuil, Marguerite-D'Youville, Roussillon, Les Jardins-de-Napierville, Le Haut-Saint-Laurent, Beauharnois-Salaberry and Vaudreuil-Soulanges
To learn more, contact an advisor from our business office. He or she will be able to inform you, advise you or guide you in carrying out your project, on the basis of the region’s action priorities and availability of Agency funding.
The business office has identified the following action priorities:
- Emphasizing productivity and innovation capabilities in enterprise (e.g.: acquisition of strategic leading-edge equipment)
- Assisting enterprises that are part of a value chain
- Promoting the bringing to market of innovative products to attract foreign venture capital (e.g.: commercialization or market development)
- Supporting entrepreneurship (e.g.: business creation or transfer projects)
For more information about all the activities we support, visit our programs.
Services offered in the region
Our advisors inform, advise and guide businesses and non-profit organizations in their economic development actions.
To learn more, visit our services.
Dominion Square Building
1255 Peel Street, Suite 900
Montréal, Quebec H3B 2T9
Network of partners
- Info entrepreneurs
- Offers information services to businesses from all sectors and at every stage of development. Provides access to information on federal and provincial departments as well as to integrated information products and interactive tools.
- National Research Council Canada (NRC)
Supports SMEs in approving and developing new products or procedures. Financial assistance is awarded after the project has been assessed by an industrial technology advisor.
- Community Economic Development Corporations (CEDCs) (french)
- CEDCs focus on the economic and social revitalization of the most disadvantaged urban neighbourhoods by stimulating the startup of small businesses in their areas.
- CDEC Ahuntsic – Cartierville
- 9200 De L’Acadie Boulevard, Suite 104
Montréal, Quebec H4N 2T2
- CDEC (CLD) Anjou – Montréal-Nord
- 7701 Louis-H-Lafontaine Boulevard
Anjou, Quebec H1K 4B9
- CDEC Centre-Nord
- 7000 Du Parc Avenue, Suite 201
Montréal, Quebec H3N 1X1
- CDEC Centre-Sud – Plateau Mont-Royal
- 3565 Berri Street, Suite 200
Montréal, Quebec H2L 4G3
- CDEC Côte-des-Neiges – Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
- 4950 chemin Queen Mary, Suite 101
Montréal, Quebec H3W 1X3
- CDEC LaSalle – Lachine
- 410 Lafleur Avenue, Suite 50
LaSalle, Quebec H8R 3H6
- CDEC Rosemont – Petite Patrie
- 2339 Beaubien Street East
Montréal, Quebec H2G 1N1
- CDEST (Corporation de développement de l’Est)
- 4435 De Rouen Street
Montréal, Quebec H1V 1H1
- CREC (Corporation de relance économique et communautaire) de Saint-Léonard
- 5960 Jean-Talon Street E, Suite 310
Saint-Léonard, Quebec H1S 1M2
- RESO (Regroupement économique et social du Sud-Ouest)
- 1751 Richardson Street, Suite 6509
Montréal, Quebec H3K 1G6
- SODEC (Société de développement économique) Rivière-des-Prairies – Pointe-aux-Trembles
- 12900 Industriel Boulevard, 2nd Floor
Montréal, Quebec H1A 3V2
- Youth Employment Services
- Support at the pre-startup and startup stages of a business through information services to prepare a business plan or gain access to funding.
- Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
- Offers training, networking and thematic activities contributing to the growth of the community.
- Fondation du maire : le Montréal inc. de demain
- Offers consulting services and awards grants to young Montrealers who want to start a business.
- Centre d’entrepreneurship HEC-Poly-UdeM (french)
- The centre provides a number of services for young student and graduate entrepreneurs, including specialized consultation, training workshops (enterprise startup and management), sponsorship and other workshops. It also serves as an incubator for innovative projects.
- Centre d'entreprises et d'innovation de Montréal (CEIM)
- Offers services according to a flexible formula of business support, search for funding and ad hoc consultation in order to improve entrepreneurs’ performance during the startup and expansion phases of their business.
- Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de l’est de l’Île de Montréal (CCIEIM) (french)
- Services to assist enterprises in Eastern Montreal in developing new markets.
- International Exchange for the Performing Arts (CINARS)
- Support services for the promotion and dissemination of performing arts as a cultural product on national and international markets for the purpose of fostering cultural creativity and employment and make Montreal a growth centre for the performing arts.
- Montreal Tourism
- Services to promote Montreal as a destination for tourists and a host for visitors and guidance in the development of tourism products.
- Service d’aide aux jeunes entrepreneurs Montréal Métro (SAJE)
- Support services for entrepreneurs at the startup stage or in a period of growth. Offers information, coaching, support, guidance, training and search for funding services.
For further details, visit our network of partners who may be able to meet your specific needs.
Canada Economic Development, partnering with businesses setting their sights on export
It is a well-known fact that the active presence of our domestic businesses on foreign markets is a good thing for the country’s economic growth. This is why Canada Economic Development has put concrete measures in place to support export companies.
Networking opportunities for Quebec SMEs at the Defense and Security Equipment International show in London
Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions will be present at Defense and Security Equipment International (DSEI), the world’s largest defence and security trade show, which takes place in London September 10 to 13, 2013.
- - Minister Shelly Glover and Members of the Montréal, Cultural Metropolis Steering Committee Discuss and Share Artistic Interests and Passions
- - Governments of Canada and Quebec announce major funding for renovation of Régie d’assainissement des eaux du bassin de Laprairie water treatment plant
- - ICM Fabrication Inc. receives financial assistance from Government of Canada for productivity enhancement
- - Conception Génik Inc. in growth mode
- - Sonitec-Vortisand Technologies Inc. receives financial assistance from Government of Canada
Tools and resources
- Date Modified: